August 2024 Newsletter

J. M. Brister holds up the book The Town Liar (Maplecrest Falls Book One) while smiling. A bunch of bookshelves are in the background. The book cover has a young woman who looks frightened on it with the author's name and title of the book.

Hello friends!  It's August!  (How did that happen???)  I wish I had better news for you, but alas, I'm still chugging along with Mechanical Soldier (Gray Tower Book One).  I am approaching 90,000 words, which is a blessing, and I am happy with my slow, but steady progress with it.  I am aiming for a December 2024 launch for the book.  Let's see if I can make that timeframe.  Christmas is a fun time for a book launch.  Ya'll can order it for presents.  Gray Tower is always an amazing present.

No.  I do not have a cover picked out.  I don't even think about it until I'm done with the first edit.  I will show it off as soon as I have it, though.

I hope you continue to have a fun summer.  I know it's wrapping up quickly.  You will see me around my socials, so stop in and interact.  I enjoy seeing your comments.